Friday, November 15, 2013

Dygraphs with Bigger Data | US Industries from Kenneth French

After seeing the announcement by @lauraegerdal of the SEC’s use of dygraphs to visualize market structure, I was inspired to experiment more with the great dygraphs + rCharts.  I really wanted to see how responsive dygraphs would be with a fairly large dataset.  Some Kenneth French US Industry data seemed just big enough to get a good feel for dygraph’s digestive abilities.  See it in action here or click on the screenshot below.

image

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Looks like we are getting quite close to an interactive version of `charts.PerformanceSummary`! Which would be quite cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timely portfolio, do you have a contact email address that I can contact you on at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, what social media outlet is your favorite? I have elected to remain anonymous to avoid potential compliance issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You read my mind. I would more broadly like to see a fairly full set of interactive versions of lots of PerformanceAnalytics charts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you will like http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/industries/rank/name:market-share if you haven't seen it yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, that is very nice. I had not seen the industry leaderboard yet, but the Wealthiest Tracker and the Sports Franchise Valuations have impressed me. Great work by Bloomberg. They have been woefully behind in graphics for a very long time. Glad to see them catching up.

    ReplyDelete